no one pays any attention to their surroundings. i was not aware that when i paid my two dollars and fifty cents(makes more of a stance when you write the digits out) and went through the turnstile that i also paid to be treated like i don't fucking exist!
i started to compile a list awhile back of the things that irk my tator about the subway and i will share some of them with you now:
1. sitting on the stairs-they are called stairs not chairs for a reason you moron! people need to go up and down them to get to the train or street and don't give me a dirty look because i want to use the stairs for the correct reason. jerk.
2. holding the train doors-it's true when you hear the announcement that doing this delays the train you are desperately trying to get onto and the trains behind it. where do have to go that you have to jeopardize shit loads of people and make THEM late, because YOU are obviously running late? i don't know how many times i have laughed watching some dumbass get their bag or purse stuck in the door trying to do that shit. they act like it's the LAST train ever! especially for the L train, there is usually one that comes merely 1 minute later. patience is definitely a virtue that is pretty much non-existent among new yorkers these days.
3. not allowing passengers to exit the train before entering-this is a BIG pet peeve of mine! another example of impatience. i gotta get a seat! hey, ass-munch! you can wait 2 fucking seconds and not ram your dumb body into mine just so you can park your fat-fuck of a face in a seat!
4. running-yes, this actually happens! i should technically call this one teenagers, since they are generally causes most of the dumb bullshit we have to deal with on a daily basis that sucks balls and is totally unnecessary. their is barely enough room on the platforms and it scares the shit out of me when some idiot is running around near the edge.
5. taking up seat space with your bags-did your piece of shit bags also pay a fare to take up that seat? move your shit, so other people can sit down! i despise these people! they are selfish and full of themselves. gross.
I have tons of these that I wrote on a napkin one night when I was just fed up with assholes on the train. There should be a NO TOLERANCE for stupidity when riding the subway!